Saturday 22 June 2013

Organza

It's been pretty hazy lately, and the PSI has reached haze-ardous levels *ba dum tss*. (Lame) jokes aside, I've finally gone out of the house and to town after many days of cooping up at home! The haze toned down a little so today was like a breath of fresh air, literally. I decided to wear out my self-made organza dress that I've been itching to wear.


I was inspired to do this diy after seeing Style Nanda's mini floral dress:

Photo from http://en.stylenanda.com/product/Mini-Floral-Dress/SFSELFAA0024157/?main_cate_no=AG000000&display_group=1

I fell in love with the cutting as it was so simple yet had an edge to it. As for the choice of cloth, I went along with this Spring's sheer clothing trend, along with a bit of a futuristic element. Making this dress took me almost 9 hours, because I'm pretty new at using the sewing machine. Albeit the time I spent on it, the needlework is still.....pretty bad. Plentiful folds and ugly seams. Nevertheless, I was pretty proud of my final product.

1 comment:

  1. Love your dress!! Nice post<3

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete